Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Chris Pine Is James Tiberius Kirk

Chris Pine has been cast as James T. Kirk in Star Trek XI turning down the role in White Jazz with George Clooney and directed by by Joe Carnahan who also directed Chris in Smokin Aces. Pine was already rumored to tapped for the role. This news was confirmed by the very same Carnahan on his blog:

The young man playing Junior Stemmons has opted to 'boldly go where no man has gone before' and thus, had to bow out of WHITE JAZZ. I've been talking to him this past week and knew how tough the decision had to be for him. I don't envy ever being in that spot but I gave him my full support, even if it meant he didn't do JAZZ. I get it. You don't get opportunities like that
often and I told him as long as he could control as much of that process as possible and not get sucked into doing lesser sequels as a result of taking this gig, then good luck and God bless.
I do believe this leaves McCoy as the final main character to be cast for the film.(source)

No comments:

Post a Comment