Monday, March 17, 2008

Tyler Perry Talks Star Trek

Tyler Perry breifly discussed his role in the upcoming Star Trek film with blackfilm.com written by Wilson Morales (thanks for the link). Sadly, the JJ Abram's cone of silence continues so no juicy details are revealed.

From the post:
Can you talk about your role in 'Star Trek'?
I can't. I wish I could. They have given me a strict confidentality agreement so I can't really say anything about it. All I can tell you is that I love J.J Abrams. He is the absolute reason I did it. He and I have a lot of things in common. He's got television and film and I was watching him direct, and people coming to him and asking him things and it was eerie because it was so much like my own life and my own situation. The only difference is that he has a wife and two kids and I don't know how he does it with the family...

How did you get involve in the film?
He called. J.J called and said, 'I'm a fan and would love for you to do my movie' and I was said, 'Great! I'll call you back.' I called my agent and was like, 'Who is this guy' and he said I need to look at his stuff. I was so impressed with what he does because it parallels a lot of my own stuff.

Are you a fan or a trekkie?
No. I'm telling you it was J.J Abrams. He talked me into it and it's a good thing I didn't see the last Star Trek movie or I would have said no.

No comments:

Post a Comment