Monday, June 6, 2011

Abrams Mini Updates on Sequel

While out promoting Super 8, J.J. Abrams discussed a little bit about Star Trek 12 including the writing status, if film will be in 3D, and hitting the release date.

Script staus via Dose.ca:
The writers are hard at work on it, and I am excited about getting back to it. We are taking our time, though, because I really do want make sure we do something that is worthy of the first one.
3D status via CinemaBlend:
I’m not yet considering [3D], but you know, I haven’t gotten any phone call from people in suits. I know what’s good for me.
Hitting release date via Collider:
I really don’t know [if Star Trek will make its release date], we will see. We are working really hard to try and get that movie made as soon as possible, but we don’t want to rush anything. The worst thing we could possibly do would be to put something into production to make a release date instead of a great movie.
In the same interview with Collider he also mentioned a Star Trek related Easter Egg, saying "There are a couple of here and there. I will say that Leonard Nimoy is in the movie, if you can find him." Abrams still has not announced if he will direct the film but it would be really surprising if he didn't. (via TrekMovie)

No comments:

Post a Comment