Monday, November 19, 2012

Pine: 2nd Film About Kirk Earning Command

While in London to promote "Rise of the Guardians" that he provides a voice for, Chris Pine commented about Star Trek Into Darkness. As usual he avoid provided any specific spoilers about the film but he did hint about how Kirk grows in the film and Benedict Cumberbatch's performance as the currently unknown big bad of the film.
“Kirk is fun because he is a brash, cocky, bull-headed kind of guy. I think the journey he goes on in this new film is a lot about – the first one was about getting the chair and the second one is about earning it. And I think that’s a big part of his journey.”

“I’ve been so fortunate, Benedict is an incredible talent. He’s did some work in the new ‘Trek’ that I think will blow people away.

“There’s one scene in it that’s like, you know… in all kinds of heavy science fiction there’s got to be the exposition scene where it’s like, what the hell’s going on? It’s a really, really, really hard scene. Not for me, for Benedict – and watching him handle that and to make something that I think, on paper, could have been a death trap for an actor and to see how he [deals with it]…

“I think, also, I know that he did Frankenstein. I never got a chance to see it, but his sense of body and voice… he has great command of his instrument or whatever the hell you want to call it. He’s formidable as an actor and as a character in the story. He’s formidable. He’s a great actor.”

No comments:

Post a Comment