Damon Lindelof Interview
- Unless cloning technology exists, "it is going to be tough" for Abrams to direct ST3.
- Hopes to work on the next feel as "care too deeply for Trek to step away."
- A replacement director would need a "passion for Trek" and a "vision for what comes next."
Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman Interviews
- Paramount wants the next film in time for the franchise's 50th anniversary in 2016
- Love the Enterprise rising from the ocean which was Kurtzman's idea.
- Part of the plot where Pike confronts Kirk about not being ready for the captain's chair was inspired by fan response to Kirks cadet to captain in 5 minutes from first movie.
Karl Urban Interview
- Happy McCoy was able to do a little doctoring along with the science side of him with a Tribble.
- Often a scene would be a combination of the script, ad-libbed lines from Abrams and alternate deliveries by the actors.
- In next film wouldn't mind seeing McCoy go on a mission and see the "solidfication of the triumvirate" (hear hear to that) with more of the three way debate and "more of the friendship between Bones and Kirk."