Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Introducing Sir Patrick Stewart

Actor Patrick Stewart was officially knighted today by Queen Elizabeth II. The famous actor, known for his role as Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Charles Xavier in the X-Men films and much more now adds knighthood to his long list of honors.

Sir Patrick Stewart said told the BBC he owed "literally everything" to the English teacher [Cecil Dormand] who first encouraged him to perform. "Although many people in my life have had great influence on me, without this man none of it would have happened."

"The knights of the theatre represented to me not only the pinnacle of the profession but the esteem in which the profession was held. To find myself, to my astonishment, in that company is the grandest thing that has professionally happened to me."

Congratulations to Sir Patrick Stewart.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Sir Patrick Stewart! I'm one of his fans and really love his movies that's why I'm so glad he was officially knighted by the Queen Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete