Its unlikely the now ending run of last ten years of TV shows factor in anyway in their plans and it remains unknown if the movie is a reboot, set in prime universe or elsewhere. Really the below is the most information have on a new Star Trek movie in years.
Via TrekMovie from the pair:
“I think we can say the script is in progress, and that we’re very excited about it. And I think people will be surprised. I really can’t say anything else, other than that.”“I think we’ve said in the past and it’s been reported that it won’t be the characters that you’ve seen previously in your Star Trek movies. So there’ll be a new sort of take on that, and I think it’ll probably be a little further into the future than we’ve been before.“Everything we take on, what draws us to it, is the opportunity to do a different spin on something that you’ve seen done before. And that’s our hope with this: is to satisfy the fans, but also bring people in who may not consider themselves lovers of Star Trek and surprise them.”
As with anything in relation with Star Trek movies, do not get your hopes up. The factors that prevented a movie from being made for the last ten years (budget, budget, and yep budget) remain an issue only now compounded by the merger with Warner Bros. The financials of the combined company will be significantly strained due to an estimated $80 billion debt burden for a combined company that if being generous might be worth $80 billion despite the Ellison family over-paying by $30 billion. How they keep up with an estimated $400 million monthly interest payments while also paying to produce new content will be an interesting financial juggling act to behold.





No comments:
Post a Comment