Monday, May 31, 2010

Rachel Weisz Interested in Star Trek Sequel

Academy Award winner Rachel Weisz has expressed interest in a role in the sequel to Abrams' Star Trek in an interview with Collider to promote her movie Agora. The interview covers more than just Trek, below is just the Trek related portion. As a fan of the lovely Rachel Weisz, I definitely like the idea but I don't see it happening.
A lot of Collider readers first discovered you in The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. Would you go back to big visual effects movies again?
RW: Yeah! Yeah! Definitely! Definitely!

Anything potentially on the horizon that you’re looking at, you’re like, “You know what? I would love to do that series.” Like all these different comic book adaptations that are happening. That you go-
RW: Yeah. You know what? I loved Star Trek. I mean, I couldn’t even believe how great, I meant to write (Star Trek director) J.J. Abrams a letter. I haven’t written it yet, though. I just thought- Didn’t you think it was tremendous?
RW: I just thought it was tremendous.
RW: And I’m not a Trekkie. I mean, (Weisz’s longtime fiancĂ©) Darren (Aronofsky) took me thinking, he says, “You’re gonna hate this.” Cause I didn’t grow up watching Star Trek. I mean, I, Dr. Spock, I mean, I vaguely know. But, I loved it. I absolutely—I thought the acting was just phenomenal. Really, really great. So, yeah! No, I’m totally open to doing a big, big blockbuster.

Would you enter in and put your name in the hat for the Star Trek sequel?
RW: Me? I would LOVE to be in the Star Trek sequel! Yeah! I would love to! I better write that letter to J.J.
RW: Yeah, I would love to. No, I was really, wildly impressed by that. I thought it was an incredible piece of work. Yeah. It just had such a freshness and the acting was, the acting blew me away.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, not a Star Trek fan because it's MR. Spock, the pointy-earred hobgoblin, not Dr. Spock, the quack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting a freshie and not a Trekky surely downgrades the whole franchise? Should she have atleast enjoyed Star Trek?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She doesn't like star trek. She doesn't want to BE in Star Trek. She just wants another big-name big-budged summer movie because she thinks the sun is setting on her career (which is most likely is). We need to find actors on par with Patrick Stewart and Nichelle Nichols (God, what a class act. She actually remembered me from a convention when I was 6, and im 23 now. And apparently "Of Gods and Men" was ungodly hot on the set.

    ReplyDelete