Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bryan Burk, Simon Pegg Talk Khan

When it comes to the Star Trek sequel, there is one question that most fans want answered - is Khan in the movie? MTV brings this question to Simon Pegg (Scotty) and producer Bryan Burk while they were out promoting Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. Pegg says he hasn't heard anything while Burk provides a non-answer while talking about what he hopes the film will accomplish. Below are the key quotes. (via iO9)
"I haven't heard the name Khan come up. Not to say it won't come up, but I have heard no mention of him whatsoever," he said. "He is a great villain. I don't want to say too much and then have to eat my words as I often do, but we've seen Khan [in a 'Trek' movie before]. To see him again, how much value is there in that? I don't know."

Simon: "There are amazing villains all throughout the 'Star Trek' universe as well as new villains," he said when asked for his thoughts on whether Khan belongs in the new film. "As we did in the last film, there's a lot of directions you can go with the film. In this case, we chose to do something we thought would be original and unique and different, and I think on paper, we made the right choice. Now we have to go shoot."

Simon: "I haven't seen a script yet. I do know the story, though. I know PART of the story, but we haven't seen a script yet. We're gonna see it soon. I think next week."

Burk: "Unlike the last film, where we were restarting and setting up the characters ... we're going to jump right back in, and we don't have to set up everybody and we can go right in it. We're kind of in a mad dash at the beginning of the film. In all of our conversation, we reference a lot of our favorite films and how 'Empire Strikes Back' was spectacular and how they were able to pick up and keep going."

No comments:

Post a Comment