Monday, January 30, 2012

Zoe Saldana Talks Trek Sequel at Sundance

While at the Sundance Film Festival, Zoe Saldana spoke with various websites about returning to the role of Uhura for the Star Trek sequel. She also briefly spoke about the Uhura and Spock relationship. As usual with anything regarding Trek, the JJ Abrams cone of silence remains in place so no details were provided.
The Vulture Blog:
Let's talk briefly about Star Trek 2. The studio let J.J. Abrams have a little bit more time than most directors would have to prep the sequel, but for a while there, were you like, "C'mon, I want to get back on the Enterprise"?
I kind of was, yeah. The film came out in 2009, we shot it in '07, and now it's 2012. So yeah, around last year, I was like, "Come on, come on already," because I had such a wonderful time working with J.J. and the cast and doing science fiction, which is my biggest passion and my preference as an audience and as a reader, too. But when you're around J.J. and you're around [Avatar director] Jim Cameron, you sense that there's this absolute consciousness that if they don't focus on the quality of what they do, then their formula's not going to work. That's the one thing they have in common; they're amazing storytellers, so J.J. probably would have fought for the time that he needed for the sequel.

Might we see some more "close encounters" between you and Zachary Quinto in this movie?
If I'm elusive, will that spoil it for you?

You mean you can't say anything, and that in itself might be indicating something?
I just don't want to spoil it for you. All I'm going to say is, if you put all the time and energy and wit into setting these two characters together in the first movie and didn't follow through, it would be a shame.
Associated Press
"It’s wonderful because I’ve been dying to work with the cast again, to work with JJ," she said. "I love him so much. He’s such an amazing human being and such an amazing storyteller and a great director, so what more can I ask for? I start the year and I’m literally going back to a very familiar environment and being a part of a great story."
(via TrekMovie)

No comments:

Post a Comment