Friday, August 31, 2012

Benedict Tired of Denying Khan

In an interview with Shortlist, Benedict Cumberbatch spoke about his recent projects including Sherlock season 2, BBC's Parade's End and Star Trek 2. As usual nothing specific was said about the movie but he did comment on enjoyment he had playing the unknown big bad of the film. As for the Khan bit, that will probably stick around until the name is finally revealed.
Going back to Star Trek 2, there’s been lots of speculation about your character...
Yep, it’s yet another thing I can’t talk about [laughs]. I’ll tell you this, it’s iconic and it’s exciting. I’m bored of denying that it’s Khan now, because people keep saying it.

Was it fun playing a villain?
Really, really good fun. It’s a great part and it’s really well written. I enjoyed the fights and the stunts, there’s lots of that and it really is proper action movie territory. I went off and did The Hobbit [doing motion-capture and voice work as dragon Smaug and the Necromancer] at the beginning of the job, so I literally came on set, established the look, did a day of filming and then f*cked off to New Zealand for two weeks before coming back. But it’s the stuff of dreams. I know it’s such a well-trodden, clichéd path, ‘Brit actor plays baddie in Hollywood’, but I channelled all of that and just really enjoyed it.
(via TrekMovie)

No comments:

Post a Comment