Thursday, October 16, 2008

Star Trek Running Time, Trailer Info

In an interview with MTV, JJ Abrams confirmed the running time of Star Trek XI and discussed a trailer that will probably come in November.
It will be a two-hour movie,” Abrams said of the film’s running time. “I’m sick of these two hours and forty-five minute movies. Seriously, it’s like I don’t have enough time to stay two hours and forty-five minutes. I’m exhausted just saying that twice. I can’t stand it.”

As for what we’ll see come November, it’ll almost certainly be a trailer or teaser – perhaps photos of the cast in their spanking new uniforms. Whatever it is will no doubt cause us to view the reboot in a new light. But will it make us cry? No, no it will not – because we aren’t wusses like Simon Pegg.

“I showed Simon Pegg [footage] when we were at Comic-Con. I showed him this little trailer thing and it was my favorite thing ever,” Abrams said of a meeting with the man who would be Scotty. “He literally started weeping. It was ridiculous. He was sitting there, I mean he must have been plastered. Because he was looking at my iPhone [crying].”

No comments:

Post a Comment