Monday, August 24, 2009

Quinto Updates on Trek Sequel Progress

SciFi Wire recently interviewed Zachary Quinto (Spock) to get an update on the sequel to Star Trek and the new season of Heroes. Overall, the sequel script remains in the discussion phase and he doubts there will be a movie even close to ready for a release next year.
With regard to Star Trek, "I know that they're breaking the stories and working on it," Quinto said in an interview Wednesday at the Video West Arcade in Glendale, Calif., where he was launching the Stride Gum "Save the Arcades" campaign. "J.J. [Abrams] and Bobby [Orci] and Alex [Kurtzman]. But I think those guys have other things that they're working on. Star Trek is a priority, certainly, but I don't think anybody's in a hurry. Which is what I love about them. You know what I mean? Of course the fans and the studio would love it to come out next summer if it could. I think it's going to be much better served by taking time and being clear about the story that they want to tell. Whether or not that involves Khan or Mr. Shatner remains to be seen."

No comments:

Post a Comment