Friday, May 6, 2011

Abrams: Star Trek 2 Next

JJ Abrams has told MTV that Star Trek 2 is next on his plate once he completes post-production on Super 8 which will hit theatres on June 10th. He also provided an update on the script. (via TrekMovie)
"Damon is working on the script for this one," said Abrams. "As busy as I've been with 'Super 8,' I remember that when we did the first one, Damon was that busy with 'Lost.' So it's going to be very cool to have him on board as a writer."

"There are some amazing ideas. These are not just great friends of mine, but they're great writers," Abrams assessed of the writing crew that's assembled for "Trek 2." "I'm thrilled and very optimistic that it's going to get to where it needs to get to."

"The truth is that my focus has been so much on finishing 'Super 8' that it's been something I'm looking forward to getting to, but with an incredibly compressed post schedule, there hasn't been a whole lot of time for me to be working with the writers," he admitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment