Monday, October 24, 2011

Spock: Action Hero?

While there has been virtually no news on the status of the Star Trek sequel, it seems that Zachary Quinto has seen a copy of it. In an interview with Hero Complex, the actor suggests Spock has a significant action moment in the film that requires him to prep in advance by working out and stunt training.
“There’s a big sequence for me that I have to prepare for in this movie physically so I’m training, working on getting in some serious shape, building my cardio endurance, preparing to run a lot,” Quinto said.

While Leonard Nimoy’s Spock was more about mental fitness than physical stunts, Quinto said the new “Trek” franchise already has broken out of that mold: “One of the climactic scenes for me in the first movie was when I go against that grain and lose my cool and beat up Kirk. So I think they’re trying to change that up a little bit and not have him be just intellectual but also have another side.”
There has been no announcement if the script has been completed, when the new targeted release date or when Abrams and company plan on starting principle photography. Considering JJ Abrams love of secrets, they could start filming next week for we know. Having said that, I expect filming to start early next year with a target release date of early summer 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment