Friday, October 12, 2007

Simon Pegg as Scotty

According to Variety, Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead) has been cast in the role of Scotty. The guy is a decent actor and have enjoyed his films but not sure I buy him as Scotty (who wasn't going bald). I am worried that the casting of him will result in Scotty being comic relief, which he wasn't. He was a source of levity the same way Bones was, but not comedy. Clearly the casting is in part motivated by adding marquee names to the film but I preferred the rumor of Paul McGillion for the role as he has the look and ability. Basically he would know when to play it straight and when not to. The other casting news I didn't have an opinion one way or another but for this one, I am disappointed. Thanks to a site reader "simon" for the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment