Wednesday, October 19, 2011

StarTrek.com Zachary Quinto Interview

StarTrek.com has posted their two part interview with Zachary Quinto (Spock) as he looks back at the first film, the recent announcement that he was gay, upcoming projects and his hopes for Spock in the next sequel. Below are a few highlights. Part 1 | Part 2
Let’s go back to Star Trek for a moment. Some fans found the Spock-Uhura romance to be a fresh twist, and others did not care for it because it strayed too far from familiar territory and they weren’t convinced that the characters would actually ever go there. What were your feelings on the relationship? And do you understand why some people might not have liked it?
Quinto: I don’t know. I tend not to get too caught up in people’s reactions to stuff, creatively. For me, it worked 100 percent in that movie. It created a different kind of dimension to both of those characters than we’ve ever seen in the Trek universe before. And there was a real undercurrent of heart to that part of the storyline, I thought. I’m actually really interested to see where it goes from here.

What else do you hope to see, in general and for Spock specifically, in the next Star Trek film?
Quinto: I just am excited to read what those guys have come up with. I have such implicit trust in their ability to tell compelling and dynamic stories that I’m just really eager to know where we’re going. I’ll go wherever they take me. So, I’ll be interested and ready whenever the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment